Holiday Travel Tips
Here are some holiday travel tips from the Comox Valley Airport (YQQ):
- Come early - It's always wise to give yourself enough time! Arrive at the airport at least 90 minutes before your flight, even earlier if you are travelling with oversized baggage or pets. Our cafê is a great place to enjoy a nice break before security if you have some extra time.
- Pre-book your ride or taxi for departure and your return - save the worry of looking for a parking spot and treat yourself to door to door service - it might cost you less than the parking! Click Here for additional information
- Confirm travel details in advance - Confirm your reservation and double check your flight time before heading to the airport. Make sure to review the baggage rules and restrictions before you arrive at the check in counter.
- Use online check in, print your boarding pass before you leave for the airport or have it emailed or texted to your handheld mobile device.
- Ho Ho Hold the liquids, gels and aerosols - Restrictions apply for carry-on baggage! A complete list of items not permitted in carry-on baggage may be found online at Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA)
- Make sure any items with lithium batteries are in your carry-on - that includes e-cigarettes, vapes, cel phones, laptops, and tablets. If in doubt, check with your airline before you pack.
- Traveling with cannabis? Know the limits, and risks - even domestic flights can be diverted to US airports, where possession may be illegal.
- Avoid travelling with wrapped presents - There is potential for search of carry-on, and in checked baggage. Packing flat gift bags to fill upon arrival might be an option.
- Winter weather here or in other parts of the country may cause delays - All of the airlines serving YQQ have online "flight status" for up to date flight times.
- Forgot someone on your holiday giving list? Mid Island Gifts at YQQ has a great selection, including gift bags and Island Good products from local suppliers.
Season's Greetings from all of us at the Comox Valley Airport. The holidays are always a busy time for air travel. By arriving early and being prepared, you can help make your holiday travel hassle free.