News Release - December 13, 2022
Happy Holidays from all of us at the Comox Valley Airport
As we close out 2022, passenger volumes remain slightly below pre-pandemic levels. However, the holiday season is always busy and this year we expect that many will take the opportunity to take a flight to reunite with friends and family.
Friday, December 16, 2022 to Monday, January 2, 2023 is expected to be exceptionally busy at YQQ with more than a thousand passengers a day moving through the airport. When combined with friends and family greeting or sending off passengers, the terminal, access road and parking are all expected to be active, requiring extra time and patience to ensure a safe voyage for all.
Here are some tips to help make your travel experience more enjoyable:
- Arrive early! Check-In counters open 2 hours before flight departure.
- When possible, check-in online prior to arrival and proceed directly through security if you don't have any bags to check.
- Make sure that your government issued ID is current and acceptable for travel.
- Arrange a ride to the airport ahead of time. Get a lift from a friend, book a taxi or plan for parking by downloading the Honk app.
- Understand your airline's baggage limits and security requirements for both checked and carry on bags. (You don't want to have to leave your prized "snow globe" or other liquids behind!)
- Wait until you arrive at your destination to wrap presents or use gift bags for easy security screening.
A reminder that the merchants at YQQ are here to serve you. Mid Island Gifts has a great selection of gifts items and cards while On the Fly CafĂ© has take-away pies, including the holiday favorite Tourtiere for home style baking without the effort. Our hold room now boasts On the Fly's satellite cafĂ© with beverages and snacks available post security to enjoy before your flight.
Please be aware that our lot can fill up during the busiest travel days. If possible, arrange for a ride to the airport. If you do have to park, check the CVAC Website for any notification of restricted parking and to ensure there are spaces available on the day of your travel.
From the entire Comox Valley Airport team, we wish safe travels and a Happy New Year!
~~ 30 ~~
Comox Valley Airport
Phone: 250-890-0829 ext. 253