to receive our quarterly newsletter
Highly Desirable Criteria
In addition to eligibility under CVAC By-laws, required personal attributes and core competencies, the CVAC Board is seeking applicants that meet all or some of the following skills and experience listed under either Group A or Group B below.
- Knowledge of legal principles and practices.
- Knowledge of public administration (an understanding of how government operates, how policy is implemented).
- Working knowledge of human resources with an emphasis on succession planning for boards.
- An understanding of risk management and controls (in the broadest sense - this is not related to safety at CVAC but risk management pertaining to finance, loans, insurance, legislation, crisis communications, electronic vulnerabilities, etc.)
- Integrated land management (land acquisition, resource conservation and land management strategies of government), construction and procurement.
- Knowledge of commercial aviation, especially as it pertains to air service development.
- An understanding of the tourism and hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of project management, especially as it relates to major capital construction projects (and related understanding of municipal development processes, costing, and bidding processes).